Holistic Nutrition Specialist
Certificate of Excellence
January 27, 2014
March 3, 2014
Enrollment completion deadline is 10 days prior to program start date
Thomas Edison said, “The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human body with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” He was ahead of his time in his thinking; finally, however, the time has come when many people are finally catching on to the fact they must take control of their own health and that nutrition is a big part of that decision.
SWIHA Online’s Holistic Nutrition Specialist Program is designed for people who are interested in learning to make healthier food and lifestyle choices for themselves, as well as how to develop a meaningful and successful business by helping to make a positive difference in the lives of others. In our 200 hour Holistic Nutrition program students gain a comprehensive understanding of the foundations of whole food nutrition and how it contributes to the prevention of illness and the promotion of optimal health. The old paradigm known as the Standard American Diet or S.A.D. diet is replaced by learning about S.O.U.L nutrition ~ Seasonal, Organic, Unprocessed and Local whole food as the foundation for a new, healthy, sustainable lifestyle. For a full understanding of our newly revised curriculum please review the courses in the Program Sheet above!
Our Holistic Nutrition Specialist Online program may be taken to fulfill part of your primary specialty requirements within some of our degree or diploma programs, to enhance your professional status, or simply to further your own personal growth and development through continued education. All of our core Holistic Nutrition classes can also be taken On-campus in Tempe, AZ.
* NOTE: Certificates of Excellence are not necessarily designed to serve as stand-alone vocational training and may not prepare you for gainful employment if taken independently of a diploma or degree program.
What Is Holistic Nutrition?
The word “holistic” means “the whole.” The foods we choose to eat often profoundly affect our lives and our total well-being. At the core of our Holistic Nutrition program is a mindfulness of the mind-body-spirit connection, recognizing that the nutritional value of the foods taken into the body is essential for completing the circuit between all aspects of our being.
Incorporating Holistic Nutrition into your lifestyle involves understanding the therapeutic properties of unrefined whole-food nutrients, developing healthy shopping habits, utilizing high-quality seasonal recipes, specific cooking techniques, and more. These days, labels proclaiming an item to be a “healthy choice” have been added to everything from sugary breakfast cereals to processed frozen dinners. In the midst of a world of contradictory information, this program will help you discern the truth about healthy eating.
Why Become A Holistic Nutrition Specialist?
Following Holistic Nutrition guidelines will help you, AND help you help others to:
- Learn to listen to your own body and mind
- Prevent vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Reach and maintain ideal weight
- Increase your energy level
- Improve mental clarity and mood
- Prevent or reverse illness and dis-ease
- And so much more…
Holistic Nutrition Online Classes
Our interactive online classes feature professional, instructional videos, discussion forums, and dedicated instructor guidance, and the best part is, you can take all of these great classes anywhere in the world! Students enrolled in the Holistic Nutrition Specialist Certificate of Excellence Online program will study introductory and advanced holistic nutrition core, supplements, therapeutic nutrition, weight management strategies, whole foods cooking, cuisine and recipes. Additional classes that may be explored include cooking with economy cuts, spices, gluten-free baking, and more. For a complete list of classes, click on “View Program Sheet” above.
Courses included in this Certificate of Excellence include:
- HN 121-OL | Nutrition – Foundations of Transformational Healing & Holistic Nutrition ONLINE
- HN 122-OL | Nutrition – Understanding Micronutrients,Macronutrients, and Supplements for Optimum Health ONLINE
- HN 151-OL | Conscious Eating, Behavior Modifications, & Dietary Systems ONLINE
- HN 221-OL | Examining Whole & Raw Foods ONLINE
- HN 251-OL | Nutritional Assessment & Client Coaching ONLINE
Need Financial Assistance?
Since SWIHA is a nationally-accredited college approved by the United States Department of Education, students enrolled in programs of 600 hours or more may qualify for Federal Student Aid in the form of Pell grants and student loans.
We also offer a 10% concession on tuition* for all programs paid with cash in full at the time of enrollment.
* Application fees, books, materials, and supplies to be paid for separately and not included in the concession toward the total cost of tuition.
* Not to be combined with any other offer or scholarship.